KENTUCKY ELKS ASSOCIATION
STATE CHAIR: LORA FORDE, PER, LOUISVILLE #8
WEST DISTRICT: GREG SHELTON, PER, PADUCAH #217
EAST DISTRICT: CLYDE RAMEY JR, PER, ASHLAND #350
Poster Theme: To Be Announced
The purpose of the Drug Awareness Poster Contest is to involve children, schools and parents in the Drug Awareness Program.
1. All Students in the 3rd to 5th grades are eligible to participate.
2. Poster size should be limited to 8 ½ by 11 inches.
3. Posters should be neat, original, grammatically correct and words should be spelled correctly. Judging will be based on “closeness to the theme.
4. The use of copyrighted characters on the poster, except Elroy the Elk, will be disqualified.
5. All winning entries become the sole property of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks and will not be returned.
6. Each Lodge submits the top three posters to the District Chairperson based on the dates established by the District Chairperson.
7. Each District Chairperson submits one original poster to the KY State DAP (Drug Awareness Program) Chairperson as the first-place winner for their District.
8. Posters must be received by the KY State DAP Chairman, from the District Chairman, no later than January 1, 2024.
9. Each winning entry should be attached to the completed Poster Contest Entry Form and the completed Parental Consent Form Waiver. The following information must be included on the Entry Form:
Name of Student
Age and Gender of Student
Grade of Student
Home Address of Student
Telephone Number of Student/Parents
Name of Student’s School
Elks Lodge Name and Number
Entry must be accompanied by Parental Consent Form Waiver.
10.How posters are judged:
Is the poster based on the theme?
Is it original?
Is it neat?
Is it grammatically correct and are words spelled correctly?
Is it free of copyrighted characters, with the exception of Elroy the Elk?
11.Each State Drug Awareness Chairman will choose one overall winner. This winning poster will be submitted for entry into the annual National Elks contest and for inclusion in the Elks DAPColoring Book. Winning Posters may also be featured on the www.elkskidszone.org website –online coloring book and/or in ENF or DAP publications.